Saturday, January 8, 2011

I AM THAT



There is a body of water. I am a drop of water in that body of water. The body of water is splashed all over in space such that each drop becomes separated. I am no longer a drop of water in a body of water but now simply a drop of water existing on its own. I am not happy at this lowered status. The glory of being a part of that bucket has been taken away from me. I set out in search of that body of water. Can I find that body of water that has dispersed into countless drops ? Collectively, all the drops together make up that body of water – whether united or not. They are all from the same source. Individually, they all represent the source. Collectively, they all represent the source. Individually they have the quality of the source (the water), collectively, they still have the quality of the source (water). As a droplet, I represent the source, together with all other drops, I still represent the source. Once dispersed, does it matter if I am able to find that illusive body of water collectively with all drops forming that body of water? I have all the properties of the water in me. Even if I joined with all the other drops I would still have the properties of water in me. I am from the source, I belong to the source, and I am the source too. I am separated but yet have what I had before separation. I AM THAT.


The collective body of water is God (Source). Each one of us is a drop from that source. We have all the properties of that source. Why set out in an elusive search for that illusory external source (the body of water) when that source is inside each one of us ? Look inside, and find the source inside us. It will be the most enlightening and powerful realization you will ever have. The once in a lifetime realization. You need to realize this just once and you will be on the highest of all highs for the rest of this life. In an instant following the realization, you will transform from just a drop of the water to the whole body of water (representing the whole universe). Nothing can be more bigger than this truth. The choice is ours. Keep searching for that body of water from where we came from all over the universe or search for the body of water inside us.


That is our purpose in life. To search within for the mystery of our existence. We are limitless because we belong to the source. The answer to our greatest mystery of existence lies in our perception. Do you see yourself as that miniscule drop of water searching for that external body of water from whence it came ? Or do we simply look inwards, discover the source inside us, become that body of water in our perception and realize that we are all from the same source and are all one ?


Unless we realise this eternal truth, we are like orphans who are not aware of their parents (source) - from where they came from.

3 comments:

Alkesh Joshi said...

A very genuine thought. Inspiring enough for people to start thinking and searching for that spiritual spark within them. As you rightly mentioned that all of us have it in us we just need to find it and get alligned to it. The material world that surrounds human beings seldom offers them an opportunity to look within themselves. AS he has said through his believers that "Just think of me and I am there, I am there in the flower, the thorn and the bee and every thing else that you can see with your eyes". Everything around us is a manifestation of him. Binay you should write more often.

Anonymous said...

I am the part of HIM... Soham !

Excellent thoughts, well articulated...& appreciate your vigor of putting that outside your professional life. Never knew your this side ;)

Naresh said...

Hmmm, all memories refreshed. All what we talked when I was there. Those revelations are still with me. This is what makes me what I am. The ultimate truth is that nothing is wrong and nothing will be, when I BE that droplet from the source. Once I separate myself (which happens several times a day and sometime for several days long), I am troubled and things around are wrong... but, this realisation, once comes back, I'm back with ME being the SOURCE (or part thereof, doesnt matter). It's so liberating! I'm here for a reason and everything else is just an illusion that doesn't matter. Guess, I'll never find the answer to the universal "WHY?", but I'm happy without it too!
Naresh